Face Mount AcrylicsAcrylic face mounting enhances the image which is mounted to the back of an acrylic sheet. Viewing the image through the acrylic offers a stunning, impressive visual effect by adding a third dimension to the image, creating depth and increasing contrast and color saturation. The mounting process preserves and protects the image. Additional benefits include:
* Acid Free Adhesive use on front and back of the print. * Choice of acrylic thickness: .06"(1/16"), .125"(1/8"), .25"(1/4"), .375"(3/8"), .5"(1/2")
* Polsihed edges
* Thick acrylic backed with sintra, thin acrylic backed with di-bond
Canvas PrintingWe now offer three type of canvases.
PREMIUM CANVAS, a woven canvas with strong texture, used for fine art reproductions.
VALUE CANVAS, a polyester/cotton blend with a slight Oxford 2 over 1 weave, used for photographs.
PRODUCTION CANVAS, a 100 percent polyester, used for decor applications.
All canvases are available in Rolled, Standard stretch on .75" bars for framing, and Gallery Wrap on 1.5" or 2" bars.
Large Format PrintingAll Raven Image, Inc. large format prints use Canon's Lucia ink and are available in these papers:
* Luster Photo Paper (10 mil)
* Enhance Matte paper (9.5 mil)
* Gloss Pearl Paper (10 mil)
* Fine Art Natural (230 gsm)
* Fine Art Polished Rag (315 gsm)
* Fine Art Textured (330 gsm)
Click Here for Wilheml-Research paper on Canon's Lucia EX ink permanence rating.
Gesso on WoodImages are transfered to a textured gesso panel(Hardboard or Baltic Birch plywood).
Four options available:
* 1/8" (.125") Hardboard (panel requires framing)
* 1/4" (.25") Hardboard (panel requires framing)
* 1/2" (.5") Baltic Birch Plywood (Standard Hanging hardware or stand-off pins)
* 3/4" (.75" Baltic Birch Plywood (Standard hanging hardware or stand-off pins)
All baltic birch plywood and tempered hardboard have been primed and gessoed. The gessoed surface will not separate from the panel.
Creating GicléesTHE CAPTURING PROCESS:
A High quality reproductions starts with a high quality scan.
THE PROOFING PROCESS:
Hard to match colors are masked and adjusted. When we feel the colors are correct, it's time for output. Proof prints are made and compared to the originals.
MAKING THE PRINT:
Using the CANON iPF9400 with it's 12-color Lucia ink system, we can reproduce art work that has a very wide color range.
COATING and PROTECTING:
The final step of making a fine art reproduction is to protect the print with a UV coating.
Stand-Off Acrylic Picture FramePolished 1/4" acrylic Front & Back:
Frame comes with two pieces of polished 1/4" acrylic, stand-off pins and hanging hardware. Also available with ACM(aluminum composite material) backing piece. ACM backing available in Silver, Gold, White, and Black.
Photographic print NOT included
Images on WoodBeautiful wood grain is visible were image contains white. Edges can be painted or left natural. Ready to hang with traditional picture framing hardware or standoff pins.
Three Cabinet Grade plywood options available:
Half-inch(.5") Baltic Birch
Three-quarter inch(.75") Baltic Birch
Three-quarter inch(.75") Oak
* Artwork by Ted Johnson
Scanning ArtworkA High quality digital reproduction can only be achieved with a high quality file.
Features and Benefits:
* Adjustable Polarized Lighting
* Captures In 48bit RGB using a trilinear CCD
*16-bit grayscale for black & white artwork
* Capable of producing a 300ppi file for a 36"x48" original.
* Advanced Digital calipers for measuring artwork with accuracy of 1/1000th of an inch allowing for perfect sharpness.